Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet Potato Soup

Went to my lovely Goddaughter's 3rd birthday party today where they served Sweet potato soup. It was heaven in the form of soup! The soft and creamy taste left me craving for more, so I made my own improvised version when I got home. The basic ingredients are as follows, as I used what I found at home:


Sweet Potato soup with coriander
Sweet Potato Soup

1 kg of sweet potatoes

2 onions
3 cloves of garlic
1,5 l of water
2 cubes of chicken bouillon
2 dl of cream (coconut milk works well too)
half a squeezed lemon
0,5 tsp white pepper
0,5 tsp dried thyme
salt to taste (I used herb salt)
Garnish with fresh thyme (although coriander works well too!)

Chop the sweet potatoes, onions and garlic roughly and put them in a pan with the water and bouillon. Bring to the boil until cooked. Use a food blender to get a smooth texture. Add the cream, lemon and spices and herbs and boil for a bit longer. Check the taste, you might want to add salt and when you're happy, garnish with some fresh thyme. Serve with some lovely crusty bread and Bob's your uncle!    



Sweet Potato Soup served as a starter in a beautiful coffee cup!

No comments:

Post a Comment